The College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Parbhani have established SKILL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING CELL for effective conduct the activities of ICAR funded scheme entitled “ strengthening and Development of Higher Agricultural Education of India". This cell is working under the supervision and guidance of SKILL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING CENTRE established at Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University, Nagpur. The centre is conducting and monitoring various
skill development activities under the leadership and guidance of Dr. Somkuwar A.P., Principal Investigator and Director of Instruction and Dean (Faculty of Veterinary Science), Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences, Nagpur.
The activities of College level Training cell are run under the guidance and support of Dr. Markandeya N.M., Associate Dean. The activities of College level SKILL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING CELL are planned and effectively conducted by a team of faculties namely Dr. Sawale A.G. Assistant Professor of ARGO as In-charge and Chairmanship and Dr. Ballukar B.V., Dr. Suryawashi P.R. and Dr. Buktar T.B. are acting as members.
The objectives of this centre are as under.
1. To organize awareness campaign on plan and policies of government counseling of Sc community on social issue for knowledge and social empowerment.
2. To provide need based skill development training in the area of animal husbandry, dairy and fishery production, management and processing to SC beneficiaries for their sustainable livelihood security.
3. To provide the tutorial on higher education in various subjects by the intellectual experts and entrepreneurs to educate, motivate and mobilized the students for national and international competition.
The inaugural programme for introducing the objectives of College level SKILL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING CELL was organized on 26/02/2020 at College of Veterinary and Animal sciences, Parbhani. The programme was chaired by Dr. Deshmukh V.V., Associate Dean, COVAS, Parbhani. In addition, the Chairman and Members of Cell grace the event. The activities of Cell were inaugurated in presence of all academic staff members, UG, PG and Ph.D. scholars.
Under SDTC, COVAS, Parbhani, one reading hall have been created for the students of the college at Library building. This reading hall have been enriched with books for encouraging the SC students for State as well National competitive examinations such as ICAR /JRF /SRF /NET/ARs / LDO/MPSC/ UPSC and other technical examinations.
The activities/ events/ programmes proposed by SDTC, COVAS Parbhani for overall development of SC students/entrepreneurs/youths are as under:
1. Three days training programme on clean and value added meat
2. Three days training programme on scientific dairy farming
3. Three days training programme on clean and value added meat
4. Personality development, English speaking course and Effective Power Point Presentation / tutorial classes.
5. One day MCED training programme under EDP for Sc students of UG, PG and Ph.D. programme of COVAS, Parbhani.
6. Seven day MCED training programme under EDP for SC students of UG, PG and Ph.D. programme of COVAS, Parbhani
7. Three days Entrepreneurship awareness camp at Shengaon dist Hingoli for SC UG, PG and Ph.D. scholars of the college as well as SC beneficiaries in the area of Dist Hingoli.
8. Lecture and sharing experiences of successful entrepreneur in dairy, poultry and goat.
9. One day seminar on Entrepreneurship development in animal husbandry/ dairy.
10. Exposure visit of students and beneficiaries to the unit of successful entrepreneur.
11. Awareness programme on AIDS/HIV for Students of the college at COVAS, Parbhani
12. Yoga and Meditation for healthy life for Sc students of the college at COVAS, Parbhani.
13. Women safety for SC girl students of the college at COVAS, Parbhani.etc.
The College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Parbhani in general and Skill Development Training Cell in particular is thankful for providing this opportunity to encourage the students / youths/ women’s of SC category about skill development as well their overall development. The Coordinators of the Cell are striving their hard for encouraging the beneficiaries in all respect and as a matter of its return they are getting motivated. The Cell puts on record to thank all Respected authorities Dr. Paturkar A. M., Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, MAFSU, Nagpur, Dr. Somkuwar A.P., Principal Investigator and Director of Instructions and Dean (Vet), MAFSU, Nagpur and Dr. Markandeya N.M. Associate Dean, COVAS, Parbhani for the constant support, timely help and guidance for effective conduct of various activities for novel cause.